Thursday, March 15, 2018

Heroes of Faith

I have a sign in my kitchen that my wonderful friends gave me. I purposely put it in a place where my family and I are reminded as we leave our home to:

 “Let our faith be bigger than our fear.” 

For the past many weeks I’ve had the opportunity to study the book of Hebrews. This past week my study focused on Hebrews 11, also known as the “hall of faith.” I have read about Abel and his generous whole hearted offering to the Lord, Noah and his reverent fear of God, and Abraham’s unwavering trust in the seemingly impossible, to name a few. 

What is faith? The Bible defines faith as:
The assurance of things hoped for and the conviction of things not seen

I don’t know about you but it is very hard for me to not be fearful, to not worry about what tomorrow will bring, to trust that God is in control no matter what the circumstances may be. 

As I studied this week, I began to think about my own heroes in the faith... their faith that taught me what it means to truly love Jesus... their faith that taught me, despite my circumstances, to believe Romans 8:28, “We know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.” My heroes have shown me through their walk of obedience what it means to stay rooted in His word, to study and know it, and to have it “hidden in my heart.” My heroes have shown me how important it is to stay connected to other believers. When my faith is lacking and doubt starts to seep in, “my crew” points me back to Jesus. My crew reminds me of His promises, His faithfulness and that His word is true. I want to be in that hall of faith. I want to have courage to believe that His “grace is sufficient for me.” My prayer for you is that you will want the same and you will let your faith BE BIGGER than your fear. Who are your heroes of faith?

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Do You Fight Your Battles?

How do you fight your battles?     So I have to tell you about something super cool that happened to me a few weeks ago. But first I ...