Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Letting Go

Why am I calling this blog Letting Go? Lauren Daigle has a wonderful song named "Trust In You." The lyrics of the song express exactly how I feel. I will attach a link to the song at the bottom and I definitely think you should listen to it.
    I've had to let go of a lot of my expectations for my life. I took for granted things like going in and out of stores, putting clothes on, getting in and out of the car, taking a nice long bath... I could go on and on but that is not the point. Jesus had to get me to a point where I found my joy and completeness in Him and not in my circumstances. 

Our children started at a new school this year. Our oldest son started third grade and our  twins started their first day of kindergarten. My mom drove us to the school and pushed me into their classrooms. When we went into the twins classroom I had tears in my eyes. I didn't want my kids to see that I was trying not to cry so I just kept smiling. One of the moms saw me and said "don't you start because we all feel that way." I just smiled and didn't say anything to her. I'm glad I did not because she was right.  We were letting go of our babies. They were going to go to a full day of school for the first time... but I was also letting go of many expectations. 
I thought I was going to be the room mom and that I would love all the projects that we could do in kindergarten. Instead I was unable to drive myself or my kids to their first day of their new school. 

My sweet mom filled out all of the school paperwork because I was unable to write. It is different than I thought. However my relationship with God is so much deeper and richer. I see him meeting our family's needs and providing in ways that I would have never thought possible. In the Psalms it tells us that the grass withers away but the word of the Lord stands forever. My physical body is failing and I hope and pray that I will regain strength again. 

If I don't though, God doesn't change and we are complete in Him. My prayer for you is that you will know God is faithful. He is just. He is trustworthy and He loves you and me.

Here's the song lyrics

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Do You Fight Your Battles?

How do you fight your battles?     So I have to tell you about something super cool that happened to me a few weeks ago. But first I ...