Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Calling Her Blessed

"Her children arise and call her blessed" Proverbs 31:28
 
We just celebrated Mother's Day. It was an absolute joy to spend it with my mom. I haven't been able to spend this holiday with her in 10 years,  because of my husband's job circumstances. I was listening to a podcast with Christy Knockels and she said called her mom a fierce warrior of prayer. I realized as she was talking about her mom that she was also my mom. I am blessed because both my mom and my mother-in-law are fierce warriors of prayer for their family. 
    My mom has been a pastor's wife for 46 years and a mom for almost 37. There is a lot of pressure that comes with being a pastor's wife and a lot of joy too! She has handled her role with grace. She taught school during the day and after a long day made dinner and ironed our clothes  (which I'm sorry mom, only my brother still does:)). She would always make sure that our house or car was locked and she always made sure that everything was in its place when we left . She always made sure we had snacks and had gone to the bathroom before we left the house :). However more importantly I saw her on her knees. She has a prayer journal and I saw it open almost every day.  She prays every day for her family and many, many, many other situations. Many of the different things that I do with my children are because I saw the importance of teaching them with intentionality. 
   Both my mother-in-law and my mom have taken on roles for my family that I never wanted for them. I want them just to be able to be Gran and Grammy and they do a wonderful job of loving and spoiling their grandchildren.

But they have done SO MUCH more for my family.

My husband is finishing up his medical training and this has been a very busy year!  They've taken turns being here to help me throughout this year. They have sacrificed time with their husbands and their friends! They have done countless loads of laundry and dishes. They have helped me sort and organize my children's clothes and toys endlessly! They have packed children's lunches and made us dinner. They have taken care of me. When I was too weak to sit up or walk a little they have helped me. There are too many things to list that have done for our family!We are grateful. We are blessed. Thank you for teaching us what it means to love your family unconditionally. We love you!





No comments:

Post a Comment

How Do You Fight Your Battles?

How do you fight your battles?     So I have to tell you about something super cool that happened to me a few weeks ago. But first I ...