Wednesday, April 5, 2017

How Music Calms My Soul

"Through it all my eyes are on you"... God speaks to me through music and there are so many songs that He uses to keep my eyes fixed on Him. I don't have enough time to list all the songs that have spoken to me. However I will name a few of my favorites and I would love to know some of your favorites too! I play music all day long. It is in the background when my children are getting ready in the morning and when dealing with grumpy attitudes or physical body parts not working like I want them to, God uses the lyrics to keep me calm. One of my favorite songs is "It is well with my soul. The original song was written by Horatio Spafford and I encourage you to Google his name and read his story. I have always loved the lyrics of this song but they have taken on a special meaning in the past few years. 

There are so many trials that we face in this life. This world is hard. We all have something that wants to bring us down. Satan tries to discourage us through so many circumstances, but God reminds me that the battle has already been won. That's why it is well with my soul. My circumstances don't determine my eternity. I am a child of God. So when things around me  seem to be crumbling, I don't despair and lose hope. That does not mean I don't cry and get frustrated and call out to God. Sometimes I just can't make sense of it all. I don't know about you but I just don't have the words to say because I'm so frustrated. In desperation I just cry Jesus. I just cry out His name. In my desperation He reminds me that He is my peace and my comforter. "Whatever my lot it has taught me to say it is well, it is well with my soul." 

My prayer for you is that you find an overwhelming sense of peace that only Christ can give. Let Him be your joy, your hope, your all in all.

"My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness. So now I am glad to best about my weaknesses so that the power of Christ can work through me" 2 Corinthians 12:9


"For we know that when this earthly tent we live in is taken down we will have a house in heaven an eternal body made for us by God himself and not by human hands. " 2 Corinthians 5:1


Listen to me descendants of Jacob all of you remain in Israel I have cared for you since you were born yes I carried you before you were born I will be your God throughout your lifetime until your hair is white with age. I made you and I will care for you I will carry you along and save you." Isaiah 46:3-4


"But you should keep a clear mind in every situation. Don't be afraid of suffering for the Lord. Work at telling others the good news and fully carry out the ministry God has given you." 2 Timothy 4:5

No Longer Slaves -- Jonathan and Melissa Helser 

 Finally dear brothers and sisters we urge you in the name of the Lord Jesus to live in a way that pleases God as we have taught you. You live this way already and we encourage you to do so even more." 1 Thessalonians 4:1


"We have this light shining in our hearts that we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God not from ourselves." 2 Corinthians 4:7


 

 

2 comments:

  1. Kristene Dimarco/Bethel music "It Is Well With My Soul" is my absolute favorite too!! It just gives me chills and calms me every time I hear it!! Miss you, Haley!!
    Ashley :)

    ReplyDelete

How Do You Fight Your Battles?

How do you fight your battles?     So I have to tell you about something super cool that happened to me a few weeks ago. But first I ...