Monday, May 1, 2017

Exchanging My Focus for His


"We are unfaithful; He remains faithful for He cannot deny who He is." 2 Timothy 2:13

I struggle with doubt and worry. I get caught up in envy and jealousy. I begin to compare my life to my friends, and on the outside, their lives seem better than mine. I was listening to a podcast this week and one of the speakers said that we focus so much on the hard that it's hard to find things that are beautiful. I don't know about you, but I start to focus on all the things that I can't do or don't have instead of what I can do and what I do have.

I cannot play in the backyard with my children.

I desperately want to kick the soccer ball around.

I want to set up the slip and slide on a warm day.

I feel guilty for not helping my husband as much around the house. He has a very busy job, and I wish I could do more physically to help our family.


One of my sweet friends sent me a devotional a few months ago and it was such a great reminder of what I can do for my family: 

I CAN encourage my kiddos and my husband. They need it on a daily basis. 

I CAN remind them how much I love them and how much God loves them. 

I CAN teach my kiddos every morning before they get on the bus and remind them who they are and Whose they are. 

I CAN pray over my family. It might be really hard to get on my knees… and I might not get up😉 …but I can lift them up daily to the God who made them. 

I am always playing a game with my children to remind them to count their blessings but not reminding myself! So I started making a grateful list; I name at least three things or three people every day. I keep a running list on my phone and start to read over it when I feel really down. I am broken, but God says in Ephesians 2:10 that "we are His masterpiece" and that makes us beautiful! My prayer for you is that you know you are God's masterpiece created and loved by Him. Life might not look like you want but trust the Maker and know you are beautiful.


"The Broken Beautiful" by Ellie Holcumb

2 comments:

  1. I will go to the throne of Grace for you everyday in my prayer time, and as often as the Lord brings you to mind, for you are a blessing to many.

    ReplyDelete

How Do You Fight Your Battles?

How do you fight your battles?     So I have to tell you about something super cool that happened to me a few weeks ago. But first I ...