Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Foundations: Sand or Rock?

Do you ever feel overwhelmed by life‘s circumstances? Do you ever feel like your life is spinning out of control? Well I tend to feel that way and this past week has been an exceptionally hard week. Probably doesn’t help that when I look outside it’s gray and rainy. I like the sun and warm weather (I am a Georgia girl what can I say:)) So when it becomes rainy more than three days in a row I began to get a little antsy. I become discouraged and a little feisty (ask my husband and my kids:)). Once I get in that nasty place my thoughts and reactions sink into a downward spiral. Satan loves to get in there and remind me of every little thing. My life becomes so focused on me and my circumstances and not the kingdom. I look at myself and not UP. I begin to become dependent on my feelings instead of God’s truth.
Due to all the rain and also some crumbs that we’ve dropped on the floor... we have little tiny ants. Lots and lots of little black ants! They multiply into little groups and corners of the bathrooms and kitchen! We’ve sprayed all the baseboards and cracks that those little tiny ants tend to find their way into. Our nice warm home turns chaotic. We become on a mission and our mission is to destroy the ants. Many of them have disappeared but there are still a few stubborn ants that crawl around.
The ants remind me of Satan’s lies. The lies that surround us and creep in start out as just a few. However, if we’re not surrounding ourselves with God’s truth than they can quickly multiply. I don’t know about you but many times I tend to listen to the lies more than the truth. I have different scriptures and quotes around my house to remind me of the truth. In Psalms 139:14 the scriptures remind us that we are fearfully and wonderfully made. It is a constant reminder to my family that God does not make mistakes and we are made in His image. Surround yourself with God’s truth. Place scripture or quotes around the house or in your phone as a reminder of to keep your eyes focused on the truth. Are our eyes on our limited circumstances or on God? Who’s voice is guiding us today? Are we listening to God‘s truth or Satan‘s lies? My prayer for us today is that we will stop focusing on the lies that surround us and focus on the truth of the One who made us.

“Look Up Child” by Lauren Daigle
“he is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid the foundation on the rock. And when a flood arose, the stream broke against that house and could not shake it, because it had been well built.”
Luke 6:48 ESV
 

1 comment:

  1. oh how desperately I needed these words today sister. Love you so.

    ReplyDelete

How Do You Fight Your Battles?

How do you fight your battles?     So I have to tell you about something super cool that happened to me a few weeks ago. But first I ...